Hajj pilgrimage from Sri Lanka – 2022
Hon. Vidura Wickramanayake, Minister of Budhasasana, Religious and Cultural Affairs granted permission for sending Hajj pilgrims from Sri Lanka this year. There was a meeting on 7th June 2022 at the Ministry of Cultural Affairs at Sethsiripaya, Battaramulla with the delegation of Muslim Parliamentarians namely Hon. Faizal Cassim, Hon. Kathar Masthan, Hon. Ishak Rahman, Hon. Marjan Faleel and Hon. Musharraf Mudhunabi led by Hon. Hafiz Nazeer Ahamed, Minister of Environment, Representatives of All Ceylon Hajj Tour Operators’ Association and Hajj Tour Association. During the meeting, Hon. Vidura Wickramanayake confirmed the concurrence of the Government for the Haj pilgrimage this year. The meeting was attended by Mr. Somaratne Vithanapathirana, Secretary, Ministry of Buddhasasana, Religious and Cultural Affairs, Mrs. Nayana Nathavitharana, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Budhdasana, Religious and Cultural Affairs and Mr. Ibrahim Ansar, Director, Department of Muslim Religious and Cultural Affairs.
The Government of Saudi Arabia had given a quota of 1585 Pilgrims from Sri Lanka this year.
Hon. Minister of Budhdasana , Religious and Cultural Affairs advised the Hajj Tour Operators’ Associations to make arrangements as per the guidelines of the Central Bank and to levy a reasonable amount as the charges for Hajj pilgrimage this year.
The Sri Lankans who would be interested in performing Hajj this year are kindly requested to confirm their participation before Friday, 10th June 2022.
The applicants would be requested to provide details requested below and make the following payments to the Department of Muslim Religious and Cultural Affairs and obtain an official receipt for the payment.
1. Administration fee of Rs. 4,000/- ( It is paid by the Hajj Travel Operator)
2. Payment of confirmation fee of Rs. 25,000/- which would be refundable.
3. If registered earlier, a copy of the receipt for payment.
4. A copy of the passport page.
5. Transfer of Foreign currency of US Dollars 1,500/- from abroad to a designated US Dollars account in Sri Lanka for the purpose of Hajj pilgrimage.
6. Priority would be given to the pilgrims who had registered and paid the payment of administration fee. However, pilgrims would be the opportunity on
“ first come first serve” basis.
7. The registered pilgrims would be given the opportunity to choose their Hajj Operator on their own.
The Department of Muslim Religious and Cultural Affairs has conveyed the decision of the Government of Sri Lanka to the Government of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia through appropriate diplomatic channels.
For further details, please contact following officers of the Department of Muslim Religious and Cultural Affairs.
• Mr. M.F.A Asath, Development Officer, Hajj Division
• Mr. M I M Muneer, Development Officer, Hajj Division
• Ms. M H N F Kareema, Development officer, Hajj Division
• Mr. M. A. C. M. Riyas, Development Officer, Hajj Division
Department of Muslim Religious and Cultural Affairs.
180, T. B. Jayah Mawatha,
Colombo – 10