Important Notice: Simultaneous special Prayers in Main/Jumma Mosques seeking protection from Covid 19 Pandemic disease
To the Trustees/Persons In Charge of All Jummah/Main Mosques
Important Notice: Simultaneous special Prayers in Main/Jummah Mosques seeking protection from Covid 19 Pandemic
Time: 05.00PM – 06.00PM
It has been requested by Hon. Mahinda Rajapaksa, the Prime Minister and the Minister of Buddasasana, Religious and Cultural Affairs to conduct Simultaneous special Dua Prayers in Buddhist, Hindu, Christian and Islamic places of worship from 05.00 PM to 06.00 PM on 08.11.2020 (Sunday).
1. All the Mosques are requested to conduct Prayers seeking protection for the people all over the world and especially for our mother Lanka and for the speedy recovery of the patients from covid-19 disease.
2. Accordingly, this special prayers should be organized by all Jummah/Main Mosques in Non-Quarantine Curfew areas.
3. It is enough to arrange this special prayers in one main mosque in the districts where quarantine curfew has been imposed (DMRCA has arranged).
4. Wearing Face Mask, maintaining 01 meter distance, washing hands with soap or cleaning hands with sanitizer and other Covid-19 health guidelines (DReAM) must be followed.
5. It will be appreciated if the following arrangements are made:
a) Only a total of 25 participants are allowed.
b) 20 or more of the attendees should be Ulamas or Madrasa students who can pronounce Al Qura’n and Dua’s correctly; 05 or less can be Political Leaders, Community Leaders and Mosque Trustees.
c) It is preferable that all participants wear a white dress and hat.
d) No other speeches should be included except the recitation of Al Quran, Salawath and Duas.
e) Recitation of any of the Chapters (Surahs) of the Quran, such as Surah Yaseen, Surah Dukhan and Sura Saaffaath, Salawath on the Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) and duas that are recorded from the Sunnah to be recited during tribulations.
Some of the Duas which can be recited during the tribulations are attached herewith.
Department of Muslim Religious and Cultural Affairs.