AMENDMENTS 01 – WAKFS BOARD DIRECTIVES ON REOPENING MOSQUES
WAKFS BOARD DIRECTIVES ON REOPENING MOSQUES
In keeping with the government decision to permit all places of worship to be open from 12.06.2020, the waqkfs board of Sri Lanka at its meeting held on 11.06.2020 has arrived at the following decisions
1. To permit all mosques to be open for individual prayers from 12.06.2020 subject to all conditions specified in the Wakfs board directives dated 03.06.2020
2. As the government has permitted a maximum of 50 persons at time, the earlier limit of 30 is now increased to maximum of 50
3. As per the government decision, in the event the premises within which the prayers are to be offered is smaller in size, only 50% of the capacity of such premises shall be permitted.
4. As the Health authorities have not so far given clearance for congregational prayers / congregational activity, no such prayer / activity, including five time imam jamath / Jummah prayers/ nikah Majlis etc shall be permitted till further notice
5. Prior to opening the mosque for public as stated above all trustees / persons in charge are very strictly directed to obtain the written permission of the area PHI
All other directives issued by waqf board on 03.06.2020 in this regard will remain unchanged.
As and when the restrictions imposed are relaxed by the health authorities, the Wakfs Board of Sri Lanka shall issue further directives.
By the order of the Wakfs board of Sri Lanka
Director of Wakfs (MMCT) &
Director, Department of Muslim Religious and Cultural Affairs